Installing an undermount sink in a granite countertop is an impressive way to enhance your kitchen decor.
Despite their endless options on the market, it is quite hard to find the best sink for granite countertop.
That's why, after a great research I have made a list of the top 9 best undermount kitchen sinks for granite countertops in 2020. I have considered some factors like size, depth, design, reputation, durability, affordability, and customer reviews.
Need a quick decision? Here's our top picks:
30 x 18 x 10 inches
32 x 19 x 10 inches
33.5 x 22 x 9.5 inches
24.6 x 18.5 x 9.5 inches
32 x 19 x 10 inches
What is an Undermount Kitchen Sink?
An undermount sink is installed from below the countertop instead of dropped in from above. Unlike a drop-in sink, which has a visible rim where the rest of the sink rests, an undermount sink comes mounted flush with the countertop above.
This type of installation creates a sleek, uninterrupted line when viewed from above. The sink then gets secured into place with silicone glue and mounting brackets. Once installed, an undermount sink shows no signs of hardware when viewed from above, and it has a finished and polished appearance.
Since they sit flush with the counter's lip, crumbs can get easily brushed into the sink, which makes cleanup easy and fast. Because they do not have a broad rim, an undermount sink sometimes requires extra support in the cabinet below.
Top 10 Best Undermount Kitchen Sink for Granite Countertops:
1. Ruvati RVH8300 32-Inch Workstation Ledge Undermount Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink
Ruvati undermount kitchen sink features qualify it as the best sink for granite countertops. Its single-tier track helps in accessing the built-in accessories. You only need to slide the track and reach out to the wooden cutting board and stainless steel colander.
You also get to dry your dishes or foodstuffs using this sink's roll-up track. Slide the rack on the sink's edges to create a workspace or drying place.
What many homeowners will love about this sink is its long-serving years. This sink is made from 16 gauge stainless steel. The Ruvati 32-inch Workstation undermount sink is very sturdy and durable. It also doesn't stain, making it safe to use and easy to clean.
Most sinks make noise when washing utensils, but not with the Ruvati 32-inch Workstation Ledge Undermount sink. It comes with a thick rubber padding and an undercoat with a sound guard to reduce condensation and noise. Water draining from this sink is no hustle. It comes with a sloped bottom that contains grooves to ensure the water drains completely.
Its overall look is pleasing to look at, while its inside sharp corners enhance its modern look. You need not change your garbage disposal unit with the Ruvati 32-inch Workstation Ledge Undermount sink because its drain opening will fit any.
Because of its size and robust nature, you can use it to clean and dry utensils and fruits of any weight. Having been made in the USA, you get assured of uncompromised quality. It's a real value for money for you get to enjoy a full lifetime warranty.
Overall, this sink could be a great choice for those who like versatility in the kitchen. Prepare food or dry dishes without taking up valuable counter space with all the included accessories.
- The overhanging lip can accommodate several convenient accessories
- Comes with wooden workstation, roll-up dish dry rack, and sink protector
- Sink protector has plastic feet that won't scratch the bottom of the sink
- Single bowl design can enable large items to get moved in or out of the sink
- Stainless steel is a sturdy 16 gauge that won't rust or corrode over time
- Large size can accommodate almost any kitchen sink task no matter how big or small
- The centered drain positioned toward the back of the sink acts a superior drainage
- Easy to clean up and wipe down with regular cleaning agents
- Comes with a lifetime warranty
- The large bowl may take time to rinse completely
- May scratch without proper care and maintenance
2. BLANCO Diamond Super Single Silgranite Undermount Kitchen Sink
Because of its unique appearance and multiple accessories to make your work easier and faster, this blanco model is unbeatable. Its one-of-a-kind patent material comes with a bunch of benefits. Despite being durable and beautiful, it resists stains, heat, pressure, chipping, and scratching. The composite is made from silicone and granite to create a 100% food-friendly and hygienic material.
The drain opening is large enough to allow much water out as once. For effective draining, the sink comes with a sloping bottom with grooves to ensure water removal to the last drop. The inside round corners make cleaning even more effortless.
The BLANCO, Anthracite sink's distinctive dark anthracite color, can complement darker kitchen decor or contrast brighter colors. With its attractive look, it helps in enhancing your kitchen's appearance. Knowing that you purchase this sink with a lifetime warranty gives you complete peace of mind. It is a product any homeowner should consider placing in their hard-earned money.
- Can use either drop-in style or undermount method to install
- Beautiful charcoal color can look great with almost any decor
- Tough diamond Silgranit composite material is durable
- Easy to clean and wipe down after use
- Offset drain looks gorgeous and gives extra functionality to sink
- Rounded corners make for easy cleaning and drainage
- Easy cleaning of utensils due to its single bowl
- Lifetime limited warranty gives you peace of mind
- Grid and cutting board have an additional cost
- Has a matte appearance that some may not like
3. Ruvati Undermount Granite Composite Kitchen Sink
This unique granite composite is made from 80% crushed granite particles and 20% resin. This combination of materials makes the surface of this sink nonporous and able to stand up to stains, scratches and most household cleaners. The distinctive black color and matte natural stone finish can make a style statement in your kitchen.
This model comes with a drain assembly in the box as well as a cut-out template which makes installation easy. The lower price-point of this model is also a plus. The offset drain gives you the functionality of a dual-bowl sink with the convenience of a large single bowl. The bottom of this sink is also sloped which will encourage water to drain.
If you are on a budget but want a sink to match your granite countertop, this sink may be the answer. Its large size can accommodate almost any kitchen task, and its appearance can add a note of sophistication to your home. Keep your surfaces hygienic with this sink's hard finish that won't absorb any harmful bacteria too.
- Made of highly durable composite granite
- A stylish black color with natural stone finish
- Offset drain provides extra versatility
- Large single bowl design helps in carrying out big tasks with ease
- The surface is anti-bacterial and stain-resistant
- Comes with a full drain assembly
- Template included in the box for convenience
- Lifetime limited warranty
- Extra accessories like wooden board and drying rack not included
- May require extra cleaning due to size
4. Kraus Black Forteza Undermount Single Bowl Granite Countertop Kitchen Sink
Get a sink to match the durability of your granite countertops with this granite sink. You may wonder why most people love kitchen sinks with granite countertops like this Kraus Black Forteza sink. The answer is simple; their unique features.
This sink is heat safe and can tolerate extreme temperatures of hot or cold without danger of cracking. Despite being resistant to thermal shock and impact, the Kraus Black Forteza Undermount Single Bowl Granite Kitchen Sink resists heat to a maximum of 650 degrees Fahrenheit. You can set your hot pans or casserole dishes directly into this sink without fear of breakage.
It comes with accessories to make work easier for you when working within and around the kitchen. On purchasing the Kraus Black Forteza Undermount Single Bowl Granite Kitchen Sink, you will find a silicone hot mitt and trivet cutout template mounting hardware and drain assembly in the package.
This sink comes in a stylish black color, but the drain assembly is stainless steel. This contrast can look attractive and stand out from the crowd. The single-bowl design allows you to perform lots of different tasks in the kitchen with ease. The drain gets set toward the back of the sink, which increases your work area within the sink.
One asset of the Kraus Black Forteza Undermount Single Bowl Granite Kitchen Sink is its durability and resistance to staining and scratching. The corners of this sink are not prone to collecting any dirt or food debris, making maintenance a breeze. Its natural material full of silver irons that repel germs makes it hygienic. You will also enjoy cleaning this sink as it wipes easily and maintains its cleanliness due to its ability to resist grime and dirt.
Every homeowner needs a quiet kitchen, and it's what you get with this sink. Its thick stone-like material used in its making comes engineered to eliminate noise and vibration while in use. You can use it with any garbage disposal unit while you transform the top part into a working space.
- The black color with stainless steel drain creates a distinctive look
- Granite material resists scratches and stains over time
- Comes with a drain assembly which is easy to install
- Comes with silicone trivet and hot mitt
- Lifetime warranty reassures you you're getting a quality product
- Large single bowl design is excellent for most kitchen tasks
- Easy to clean up and does not retain crumbs or particles
- Can withstand extreme temperatures without cracking
- May arrive cracked during shipping if mishandled
- Contrasting surface and drain may not be aesthetically pleasing to some users
5. Elkay Quartz Classic Greige Single Bowl Undermount Sink
The Elkay Quartz Classic Greige Single Bowl Undermount Sink will create a seamless appearance with your granite countertop because of the undermount installation style.
Because of its single bowl feature, you enjoy uninterrupted space for your dish stacking, washing, or other household chores. Thanks to the quartz material used in its making, it does not stain, and cleaning it is like a piece of cake. With only soapy water, the sink washes clean. No need to worry about the liquid or food staining.
You will love its greige color, which complements your style and interior décor. The material is also durable and robust, guaranteeing you many years of service. The sink doesn't chip, scratch, or affected by banging or heat up to 535 degrees Fahrenheit.
Though it comes in a smaller size than most sinks, it's big enough to handle all your kitchen tasks. It's also safe to use, thanks to its nonporous surface that repels most dirt and germs. The kitchen sinks with granite countertops tops like the Elkay Quartz Classic Greige Single Bowl Undermount Sink are ideal for distinctive styles.
- Comes with a unique 'greige' color which is a combination of the gray and beige color
- Quartz material is hard and durable and can last a long time
- Resists all stains, scratches, and discolorations
- The sink drain gets positioned near the back of the sink for a pleasing appearance
- Single bowl design enables you to move large items around easily
- Great for undermount installation and has no logo within the sink
- Lighter weight than other sinks made from natural stone
- Smaller width can accommodate smaller cabinets and countertops
- No warranty listed for this particular model
- May be smaller than other sinks that are available
6. Kraus KHU100-30 Inch Stainless Steel Kitchen Sink
Are you tired of replacing your undermount kitchen sink every time? You may have a solution with the Kraus Kitchen Sink. Because it gets made with T304 stainless steel material of 16-gauge, this sink comes with incredible longevity.
Its finish gets done using the commercial-grade satin, explaining why this sink does not rust or corrode. Cleaning it is like a downhill task, and you'll love how it blends with your kitchen appliances. Despite enhancing your room's appearance, the Kraus Kitchen Sink gives you a peace of mind while carrying out your chores around or within it.
Thanks to its maker's soundproofing technology to minimize the noise made while working in the sink. With the extra thick pads and sound guard coatings that coat over 80% of this sink, you can barely hear a sound while using this sink.
With the free multi-functional dish grid made with stainless steel, your sink's bottom gets protected. You can also use the grid to drain or dry your utensils or foodstuff. Working around a sink entails using water, and the Kraus Kitchen Sink comes with a kitchen towel to help you dry your hands or stuff. The packaging also includes mounting hardware and a basket strainer set containing three pieces.
If you use large utensils, then the Kraus Kitchen Sink got designed for you. Its oversized bowl will accommodate your largest baking sheets, roasting pan, or skillet. The fact that it comes with a lifetime warranty makes it a real deal for your money. Besides, its warm customer service responds to inquiries and issues immediately.
- Sturdy stainless steel material of 16 gauge that attributes to the sin's longevity
- The drain is centered but set toward the back for good drainage
- The classic rectangular design has professional-looking edges
- The package includes the drain assembly for easy installation
- Black towel and metal sink grid also included for extra protection
- Soundproofing technology cushions all noises and makes for quiet washing
- Limited lifetime warranty gets offered for maximum peace of mind
- Large single bowl design provides plenty of space for kitchen tasks
- Value for your money guaranteed by a lifetime warranty
- Satin finish can look dull over time without proper care
- May scratch if abrasive materials get used on the sink
7. Houzer Porcela Series Undermount Single Bowl Kitchen Sink
The Houzer Porcela Kitchen Sink succeeds as the top rated kitchen sink because of its beauty and ability to blend with the interior décor. Its porcelain, enamel construction, has won the hearts of numerous users due to its durability and robustness.
You will always enjoy this sink looking fresh and new with its lovely white color and high polished glaze. Because this sink has gotten fired at 1500 degrees Fahrenheit, the surface is nonporous and won't collect bacteria or stains. You also don't have to worry about it getting chipped or scratched. It also requires minimal maintenance or special cleaning care, unlike some other sink materials.
The porcelain enamel construction also makes this sink lighter to handle and install. At a mere 26 lb, no need for special cabinetry to support this sink from underneath. A 10-year warranty on this product provides you with the assurance that you're getting a quality product that can stand the test of time.
You shouldn't worry about the sink's unfinished drain area and edges. It is because you will need to mount those areas with plumber's putty to the granite counter.
The Houzer Porcela Series Kitchen Sink comes with rounded interior corners that make cleanup a breeze and encourage drainage. Though the package arrives without a drain assembly, you will find a logo on the sink's back inner wall. The beautiful white interior can look great against the sleek appearance of granite countertops. For those on a budget, this sink could check all your boxes.
- Porcelain enamel material is beautiful and shiny
- White color looks clean and fresh at all times
- Easy to clean and wipe down without special care
- More affordable than other sink materials
- Large single bowl design enables easy maneuvering of large items
- Resists stains and scratches over time with hard glaze
- The 10-year warranty offers peace of mind
- Rounded interior corners make it easy to clean and drain water
- May not be as friendly to dishes as other sinks
- No soundproofing technology
8. ZUHNE Modena 16 Gauge Stainless Undermount Kitchen Sink
ZUHNE Modena 32 x 19 Kitchen Sink is one of the best sinks with granite countertops. It is not only attractive but will also improve the appearance of your kitchen. The sink blends well with the interior décor. It's a real deal for your money!
Its heavy-duty stainless steel of 16 gauge attributes to the sink's durability and sturdiness. You can count on ZUHNE Modena 32 x 19 Kitchen Sink to serve you for years. It's very safe to use, thanks to the fact that it resists rust, scratches, and corrosion. The drain comes centered toward the back of the sink, and the bottom is sloped to encourage good drainage. The crisp inner corners are easy to wipe down and clean.
A significant asset of this sink is its variety of accessories. It comes with two colanders, a wire basket strainer, a drain strainer, and a grid protector with drain hole. With all of these accessories, this sink still comes in at a reasonable price that makes sense for most budgets.
Using the ZUHNE Modena 32 x, 19 Kitchen Sink is peaceful, thanks to its protection against extra noise with its padded bottom. No more ringing while spraying water. This cushion also protects the sink from thermal extremes, so you won't have to worry about placing hot pans in the bottom of the sink. The warranty is forever, so need not fear to invest your money in this incredible product.
- Large single bowl design makes washing large items easier
- Stainless steel is durable 16 gauge and won't rust or corrode
- More affordable than other stainless steel sinks
- Sloped bottom encourages thorough and efficient drainage
- Has the look of a professional kitchen
- Comes with several accessories which save money in the long run
- Thermal and noise shield reduces the likelihood of damage and sounds
- Drain strainer, colander, and basket strainer included in the box
- May scratch over time without proper care
- Crisper inner corners may retain some dirt
9. Kraus KBU 32 Inch 16 Gauge Stainless Undermount 50/50 Double Bowl Kitchen Sink
Get the most out of your sink by doubling its use with this dual bowl sink design. The Kraus KBU 32 Inch Double Bowl Sink comes with symmetrical bowls to allow easy multitasking in your kitchen. You can rinse vegetables or prep food on one side while soaking dishes on the other side.
The stainless steel construction used in this sink won't rust or corrode over time, and its brushed satin finish can lend a classic look to any kitchen. You will also enjoy its services for many years. The drains on both bowls are centered and sit toward the back for good drainage.
With this model, you will enjoy a wide range of free accessories that will save you money in the long run and make your work easier. Among these accessories are two matching sink protective grids with convenient drain holes, and two matching drain assemblies. The drain assemblies can make installation quicker and more convenient.
The packaging also includes a classic Kraus black towel and drain basket strainer. The softly sloping interior of each of these bowls encourages fast drainage and gives a soft look that can look great in any kitchen. Best of all, this sink is reasonably affordable, especially when considering all the included accessories and a limited lifetime warranty.
- Lots of uses for this sink for a lower price tag
- Double bowl design increases the value of this sink
- Sink grids for both bowls included for maximum protection
- Black towel accessory included in the package
- Drain assembly for both drains come included in the box
- 16 gauge stainless steel guarantees the sink's durability
- Symmetrical dual bowl system allows you to multitask
- The drains come positioned toward the back of the sink on each side
- May scratch easily without proper care and maintenance
- Matte finish may look dull over time
How to Choose the Best Undermount Sink for Granite Countertops?
- Natural Stone: Natural stone like quartz or granite make extremely durable sinks, but can be heavy to install. They are also "unfriendly" to dishes and can cause shattering on contact.
- Porcelain Enamel: Porcelain enamel sinks are sleek and classic. Usually, these sinks come in a fresh white color and have a polished glaze that will keep shining for a long time. However, this material is somehow prone to scratching and chipping over time.
- Copper: Copper sinks are a unique choice that can be a real conversation starter in your home. They do change color with age and naturally require special care and cleaning.
- Plastic: A great budget choice! Plastic sinks are durable and can stand up to heavy use. They can collect stains and scratches over time and may not match the granite countertops' high-class look.
- Stainless Steel: Stainless steel is a timeless choice for virtually any type of countertop. Because it resists rust, stainless steel lasts a long time and always looks professional and clean.
Your sink's size depends on what you intend to use it for and the usage period. Large farmhouse single-bowl sinks can be great for those who frequently maneuver large items in or out of the sink. However, a double-bowl setup can be appealing to those who love multitasking. Larger sinks often take longer to drain and wipe down, and they also take longer to fill. Smaller undermount sinks could be quicker to clean, but you may have to compromise on space.
The best granite countertop kitchen sink gets installed as an undermount and features lightweight and durability. However, some sinks made of denser materials like natural stone or fireclay can be very heavy and require extra support within the cabinet. With the heaviest sinks, a cabinet must get tailored to fit the sink instead of vice versa, which may be a hassle and require extra planning.
The kitchen sinks with granite countertops should blend well with the room's existing colors and complement the kitchen's interior décor. The color of your sink may be one of the most critical factors in choosing a sink, especially when it comes to coordinating with granite countertops. Granite has a distinctive appearance and deserves to be complemented by the best materials. Choose a color that will highlight your granite countertops.
When homeowners put in granite countertops, they usually want these counters to be the kitchen star. Choosing a sink that upstages the granite countertop may not be a great idea, though plenty of personalities can get found in a sink. It's best to pick a sink that will jive with your decor while remaining understated.
Depending on what you are using it for, it must also accommodate your chores and create more workspace if necessary by covering the top with the rack accessory. Don’t forget its durability, ideal size, and resistant from scratch, stains, chipping, rust, and corrosion. Also, pay attention to the finish and the nonporous nature. Consider the factors described above if you want to buy the best undermount kitchen sink for your granite countertop for optimal results.